Cleaning your gutters is a dangerous job and really should be done by professionals otherwise it could cost you, it is one of the few jobs around the house that we do not recommend for the novice DIY’er. Clogged gutters can lead to damage, both within the gutter system and in the structure of your home.
The problems lack of maintenance can cause highlights the need to ensure your gutters are clear of all debris, leaves, water, pine needles, etc. Since most people cannot see the debris that collects in their rainwater channels, it is easy to forget the need to clean regularly. Always remebber th outside of the gutters.
Homeowners should not wait until they have water running over the edges before they get their gutters attended to as waiting that long can be too late, and the damage could already have been done creating all sorts of problems, including damage to the foundation and your home itself. It can also flood basements and landscaping and becomes a perfect habitat for all types of insects, including mosquitos. If you have left gutter cleaning this long, you are probably also going to need repair to the gutter system itself at this point it would be prudent to hire a professional to perform your gutter cleaning.
Cleaning your gutters at least twice a year is the only sure fire way to prevent problems. There are many gutter cleaning specialists, so it is a good idea to know what you are looking for when hiring a professional to clean your gutters. Here are five tips to help you choose the right company.
1. Look for a company that carries liability insurance. Ask the representative questions about how much insurance they carry and if all of their employees are covered. Ask to see their certificate of insurance because a professional gutter cleaning company will always have adequate insurance to cover any potential situations.
2. Ask for references. Any company you consider should be able to provide customer testimonials and references about their work. Call them and ask how satisfied they were with the work done by the gutter cleaning company.
3. Go online and see if the company provides pricing on their website. Gutter cleaning companies typically base their prices on the square footage of the home. They may also factor the amount of debris removal required. Checking their website for online pricing will provide you an idea of how much gutter cleaning will call you.
4. Look for a specialist. Choose a company that specializes in gutter cleaning so you know they know what they are doing. Many companies provide a variety of services and offer gutter cleaning as an ancillary service. A company specializing in gutter cleaning will know the best way to do the job and provide employees who are trained to do the job correctly the first time.
5. Look for longevity. Choose a company that has been in business at least two years, this means they have experience and know what they are doing.
Following these tips will help you select the best gutter cleaning company you can, this will help ensure you get the most for your money and protect your home and valuables.